Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Peter Pan...

I felt the hardest part of teaching Peter Pan this year was that I had to constantly look at the lesson plan from Expeditionary Learning.  I literally was learning along side the kids!  Every morning making the anchor charts and getting the right worksheets out to use on the document reader has been a lot of prep work, yet I always felt during the lesson at some point, I was missing a step or a chart!  These lessons expect you to fit a ton of material in an hour, this year I had an hour and fifteen minutes and it would still take me two days to get through one lesson.  I tried to go through the lessons with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything is included.  I finally finished making Unit 1 and I've started making Unit 2 which is like 14 lessons and Unit 3 is another 10 lessons! As soon as I'm done with Peter Pan, I will get a move on with Module 1.  Being that I didn't teach that Module this year (it was released in November) I need to spend more time reading it through to fully understand the "central idea". My goal is to have Module 1 Unit 1 complete before July.  I hope that deadline works for everyone!


Love Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment